EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - Staking Technician I
Full time position at RCEC headquarters, 3162 SH 43 East, Henderson. Typical work week is four-10 hour days (Mon-Thur OR Tues-Fri). Successful applicant will join our staking department along with 2 existing Staking Technicians.
1. Makes appointments with current and prospective members to make on-site inspection of requests for services and discusses the best way to build.
2. Obtains easements if needed, surveys, stakes and prepares (draws) staking sheets. Lists the construction units. Procure and assists one-call inquiries.
3. Determines transformer size needed and assists Meter Technicians with voltage and type of metering equipment.
4. Follows up with current and prospective members on estimated costs, line extension credits (if applicable), and coordinates job with Operations and Engineering as needed.
5. Prepares and completes staking sheets with all information necessary for Engineer to approve plans and for construction.
6. Works with other companies or agencies on location or relocation of facilities. Assists with the accuracy of maps and mapping. Assists with emergency operations.
Successful candidate must be a team player, deal well with the public, be familiar with RCEC service territory, & have a pleasant personality. Must be HS graduate or GED, efficient, accurate, and PC literate. Knowledge of surveying and staking of lines desired. Must have a valid Texas driver's license. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefit package.
To apply, register as a "job seeker" and apply for Job# 6630460 on line at www.workintexas.com. Or, contact the nearest Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) office. RCEC is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Information about the job is listed on the TWC website above
PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT RCEC ABOUT THE POSITION.